Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Day As A Country Girl

Sunday was a very fun filled day for me! I finally got the chance to go visit Erin and see the farm since they first got the horses last year! It was very fun and the farm looked completely different! I am not a farm/country girl so I didnt even know what I needed to wear to the farm! I had to text Erin and ask her which made me think I was in for a very interesting day! Erin and I took lunch to the farm and all of the animals wanted to come and say hello (well I'm not sure if they wanted to say hello to us or if they wanted our food)! But it was very funny see these horses standing right over me while i tried to eat (being that these horses did not really come right up to anyone the last time I was at the farm). I also had the chance to help Erin give her horse Cleo a bath. That was a process but Cleo was so pretty and shinny when all was said and done! Towards the end of the afternoon we had gone to get some pics developed and noticed a storm was coming in so Erin and I went back to the farm and got all the moms and babies in their stalls (James horse Louie did not want to go in his stall and well it was a process getting him in there and I had to try not to get kicked by him the whole time). But it was fun to learn about the feedings and why who got what and so fourth! I really learned a lot at the farm today and enjoyed my time there! Hopefully I will be making a trip back soon!!

Another fun thing about Sunday is the fact that I got to meet all of Erins baby chicks! Yes the girl that not a year ago was this big city girl from Indy has now turned into a full on Farm girl from Davie County and has chickens :) she can not wait for them to get bigger so she can put them in their chicken coop and eat their eggs! They are very cute and its really funny watching them run around after flies! Ready for them to get bigger and for the coop to be finished because I just want to watch Erin interact with these chickens!! 

But I def enjoyed my time at the farm and I am so glad all the horses are doing so well now! The babies are very cute and I hope that once I get the chance to go back again I will actually be able to ride one!! Enjoy a few pics I took during my adventure today!

Chloe :)
The new barn

A bunch of the horses up for a drink of water

Out in the pasture

Yes they even have a donkey..Gilbert

The baby chicks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment