Thursday, June 9, 2011

Camp #1 of the Summer

Well my first camp of the summer has come to an end! Out of the 7 summers I have now worked for Varisty this was my 5 summer that I started my summer off working the SCISA camp. This camp is always so much fun to work because I love going to PC and seeing Laurie!! Its always nice to work with a university contact that you know really well and is always around for you at camp! One of the best parts about working this camp at PC is the chocolate pizza that we get every night at camp! It might be the best chocolate pizza I have ever had and I think it might be the second big reason I want to go back and work this camp year after year!! 

This year at camp we are doing a beach bash. On the 2nd night of camp, after dinner, everyone comes back dressed ready for a party at the beach. It is so much fun because even the staff can change out of their daily uniform and join in the fun! I played only beach music after dinner to make sure the mood was set for the beach bash! Everything the staff performs is to beach music and the kids just loved it! I think this might be my favorite pep rally out of the 7 years I have worked! 

Also every year I work this camp I get the chance to see Ms. Lindi! She is the head lady with the SCISA schools! It is so fun to see her because she always has such fun stories to tell and she is very funny! She is so nice and she always gives me some type of present at the end of camp every year thanking me for working! This year I once again got a Sonic gift card which means I can get as many lemonberry slushies as I want for the rest of the summer!! So thank you Ms. Lindi very much! 

So my first camp of the summer is over and I had a blast and met some great new friends! Now I am getting ready for my Best Friend to have  her baby so be ready for my next post to be all about baby Preston!!

Chloe :)


Redshirts getting ready for the beach bash

SCISA staff ready for the beach bash

No comments:

Post a Comment