Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Let Camps Begin

So almost 2 weeks ago my summer full of camps began. I started my summer off working at SE Cheer Work Week! That was such a fun week and a great way to start my summer! I got to spend lots of time with some of my favorite UCA staff members and just enjoy having a easy time getting ready for summer. I sadly did not really take any pic during work week for some reason so I dont really have anything to share on that end :( but know that I had a lot of fun and I really have enjoyed working this the past 5 years!

Next stop was Lake Geneva, WI for VCA vet training. I couldn't attend the training session in my own region due to the MAATA conference so I got the chance to go up to WI for 24hrs. Yes you heard that right, I flew out on Sat at 6am and landed back in Raleigh at 10pm on Sunday. So I did not get to spend lots of time there but it was so nice to see some VCA and UCA friends that I do not get the chance to see very often! I also got the chance to make some new friends and meet some NCA people that I will be working with this summer. This small amount of time in WI made me every excited for the summer and to get camps started!!

The only bad thing about this 24hr trip is the fact that Sunday was reporting day for my first camp. I landed at 10pm on Sunday, slept for about 4hrs and got up at 4:30am to drive to Clinton, SC for my first camp of the summer. I had to leave so early because I am heading the camp and wanted to arrive before registration started. I am very weird about my balance sheets (for those that dont know what that is, it is just the payment sheet that coaches have to sign agreeing to make payment) so I had to be there before it started. haha So thats where things are with me right now. I have had a very fun and exciting last 2 weeks and the summer is just getting started!!

So heres to a great summer of great camps with some great staff!! 

Chloe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment