Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day
Well yesterday was March 17 which only means one thing....it was St. Patrick's Day! And well I am Irish so I had to enjoy celebrating my heritage for the day. I went with Erin, James and Anthony into downtown Winston-Salem to a Irish pub. The pub had set up a big tent in the street and had bands and food all day and it was so much fun! I ate typical Irish food, corn beef, fish and chips and shepherds pie. They had spotted dick but I couldn't bring myself to try it for some reason. haha Twice while we were there they had a funeral process for St. Patrick with bag pies and all! It was really neat! Their were a number of people there in kilts and everyone was just having a good time! I saw a few people who didn't have green on (why in the world would you go to a St. Patty's Day celebrating and not wear green??) and I wanted to pinch them so bad but being that I didn't know them I didn't think it was a very good idea :) Over all it was a very good night and the first time I have celebrated St. Patty's Day on a Sat in a very long time! I enjoyed celebrating being Irish and having out with friends! Maybe one year I will make it down to Savannah and their big St. Patty's Day celebration that they have!! Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and wore their green!! 

Chloe :)


This Grandma was having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment