Sunday, April 21, 2013

Year One Coming To An End

Well softball season has come to an end meaning year one at King is also coming to an end. I just have to say that I really loved working with softball this year and this team. They are such a great group of girls with 2 great coaches! I have had so much fun getting to know them and they have welcomed me into their family with open arms. I cant believe that as of spring break we were 12-20 and finished the season 31-26. We went 17-6 in our last 23 games and finished the season as regular season champs in Conference Carolinas! I am so proud of this team and how far they have come this season. They really played their hearts out in the conference tournament but it just wasnt meant to be. Losing a game by one in the 12th inning and losing another by 2 in the 10th inning is really hard and emotional. But I know this team will bounce back so strong and I cant wait to season what next season has in store for them! So thank you for welcoming the new girl into your family with open arms and I am so proud to be your Athletic Trainer!!

I can honestly say I have learned a lot about myself this year! I learned how to handle stress while keeping a smile on my face and that I have way more confidence in what I do then I ever thought I did. I also learned that I really love what I do and working with these athletes and I will not let anyone take that away from me no matter how hard they might try! This year was not easy for me moving from a big city to a small town but I feel like it has helped me grow so much as a person. I am so sad to see my first group of seniors go but so happy with the moments and memories I got with them this year! 

Now bring on having a little bit of a life for the next couple of months, free time, relaxation (well somewhat) and just enjoying having my weekends back!! 

Chloe :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment