Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cooking at Home

So last weekend I decided that I was going to start cooking my meals for the week on Sunday that way I wasnt eating late at night or eating out so much. I also thought this was a good idea since I am at work till at least 8pm every night and some nights my last practice doesnt even start till 8-9pm. So cooking meals on Sunday night makes  it easy for me to take my dinner with me to work in the morning and I do not have to go out and buy lunch or dinner anymore!! Since I am doing this I have decided to finally try some of the million recipes I have pinned on Pinterest. Last weekend I made a chicken/broccoli casserole that was so yummy!! I think I ate it like 5 days last week and every time I heated it up in the office someone was like that smells so good and let me tell you it tasted better than it smelt! I really wish I had taken a pic of it so everyone could have seem how yummy it looked!! I also made a mini meatloaf with mashed potatoes last week also so I could have some variety in what I was eating during the week. 

This week I am making 2 recipes off of Pinterest. One is a crockpot loaded bake potato soup. It has been a process in making this soup and I made enough for an army....meaning I will be freezing some of it to eat again at a later date so I dont have to take all day making it again (at least not anytime soon). I have tasted it and it is good but does not have everything in it yet because the bacon and cheese go on it when you are ready to eat it. I am also making a chicken tortilla bake. It only has 5 ingredients which is one reason why I am making it because it is cheap!! All you need is chicken, corn tortillas, rotel, Mexican cheese and cream of chicken soup. It is in the oven as I type this so I will have to let you know at a later date how it taste! So I am ready to start a new week with all my meals ready for the week!! I also made oatmeal butterscotch cookies today from scratch! Now these are so yummy, I have already had 4 today! I am going to be a nice coworker and take some in the work tomorrow to share with my coworkers (the recipe also made like 30 cookies) and I dont want to eat them all by myself!! This was also a recipe I found on Pinterest! So thank you Pinterest for helping with my goal of eating out less while working all the time! Hope everyone has a great week!! I at least know I will eat well all week!! I am sure over the next few weeks I will be trying some more new recipes off of Pinterest and next time I will take pics to share with you!! 

Chloe :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment