Friday, October 14, 2011

The Trouble With My Name

So I have noticed my whole life how people just cant seem to spell or say my name right. My name is Chloe (which all of you know if your are reading this) and I dont think it is a hard name to say or spell! But it is a problem for some people and it makes me laugh. I went to starbucks the other morning to use their free internet again and this is how the guy spelled my name on the cup (pic to right). This is not the correct way to spell my name. Yes this is what my college roommate calls me and she even spells my name this way some times but that is on purpose. Other popular spellings of my name are Chole, Chule, Choloe, Chowe and the list can go on. And yes these are all ways I have seen someone spell my name at one time or another in my life. They are all very laughable but wrong. I used to correct people all the time and I still do when it comes to how to say it but I have given up on the spelling. I mean the spelling has been a problem since birth and I even had to have my name officially changed when I was 15 because my name was spelt wrong on my birth certificate (and yes I blame this on my parents because they were so excited to have me as a child they didnt pay attention to the spelling of my name when they signed it when I was born) haha And the only reason we found out it was spelt wrong is because the guy at the DMV when I went to get my permit made me spell my name Chole on my learning permit. I was a very unhappy 15 year old.  So yes it seems that people have had trouble spelling and saying my name since the day I was born.

Chloe :) 

P.S. Most of my friends call me Chlo and I am totally cool with that because it is a nickname! I am also ok with my best friend Antwan calling me Choole (even though my aunt was not happy at first when he sent me a postcard and spelt it that way) haha So if you have a nickname for me that is some variation great!

No comments:

Post a Comment